To read an interview with our globe expert
Matthew Jones, visit this link
Globe, Orrery, Tellurian and Scientific Instrument Restorations
- Minor scuff, dent, and crack repairs.
- Major dents, holes, and distorted areas repaired.
- Removal of old varnish on globes and their stands.
- All level of paper conservation, replacement, and re-coloring to match the original.
- Repairs to wooden and metal stands and their moving parts.
- Replacement of small metal parts, including compass needles, thumbscrews and sighting vanes.
- Replacement of the original finishes with varnish, shellac and waxes.
- Full replication of period stands can be commissioned in a variety of hardwoods.
Our pricing is based on a fair hourly rate plus materials. Each project is unique and may have special circumstances. Therefore, each project is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. We strongly suggest that you call or visit for a personalized estimate. The general turn around time for most projects is 8-10 weeks. Due to the nature of small business, we accept payment in cash or check only.
Prices Generally Starting at:
Sm. Globes $500
Lg. Globes $1000